Synalar® Ointment Kit & Synalar® Ointment
Uniquely Developed for Your Patients with Sensitive Skin
Synalar® (fluocinolone acetonide) Ointment, 0.025%
Preservative-free formulation ideal for sensitive atopic dermatitis patients
- Designed for patients with sensitive skin
- Formulation contains active ingredient in a 100% petrolatum base
- Ideal for treating dermatoses characterized by dry, flaky and scaly skin
- Class 4 topical steroid
Synalar® Ointment Kit Includes:
- Helps keeps skin hydrated following a course of treatment with Synalar® Cream or Synalar® Ointment
- Ceramide-rich cosmetic formulation minimizes moisture loss to soothe and soften irritated skin
- Helps optimize the skin’s pH
- Dermatologist developed and tested cosmetic formulation is elegant, non-greasy and fragrance free
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Synalar® (fluocinolone acetonide) Ointment, 0.025% is indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses.
Synalar® Ointment is contraindicated in those patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the preparation. Prolonged use may produce reversible HPA axis suppression.
Systemic absorption of topical corticosteroids has produced a reversible hormone disorder called Cushing’s syndrome, hyperglycemia, and glucosuria in some patients, including children. Children may absorb proportionally larger amounts of topical corticosteroids and thus be more susceptible to systemic toxicity. Administration of topical corticosteroids to children should be limited to the smallest amount necessary.
The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped so as to be occlusive, unless directed by the physician. Do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on a child being treated in the diaper area, as these garments may constitute occlusive dressings. Patients should report any signs of local adverse reactions, especially under occlusive dressings. Local adverse reactions reported with topical corticosteroids include burning, itching, irritation, inflammation, dryness, infections, excessive hair growth, acne-like lesions, lightened skin color, allergic contact dermatitis, breakdown of the skin, stretch marks and heat rash. If irritation develops, topical corticosteroids should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted.
Synalar® Ointment is for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. This safety information is not all-inclusive.